Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2: 'My only challenge has been not having my co-star in front ,' Erica Fernandes on shooting from home

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Shooting in the times of pandemic has become difficult. However, since unlock 1.0 a lot of shoots have been resumed. Mostly, it is television shows that have resumed shooting. Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 was one of the first TV shows to resume shoots. Parth Samthaan had been one of the first actors who had put up a post of resuming the shoot. He was joined by his cast later except for Erica Fernandes. The actress has been shooting from home in times of pandemic. She began shooting from home after four cases of COVID-19 were registered on the sets of the show.

Talking about the same, Erica Fernandes told Mumbai Mirror, "I tested negative, but the testing was done at an early stage. So, I

wanted to wait for a few more days, get another test done after 10 days and then get back to the set. But since we were already on air, we had to continue work and this is the best way forward."

Since there is no crew to guide her, Erica is managing everything on her own. Erica admits that shooting alone for a TV is not easy but she has a basic knowledge about shoots as she owns and shoots videos for her Youtube channel. "But I have an online channel for which I used to do everything on my own and that experience is coming in handy since it taught me intricacies of handling a camera, fixing the lights, monitoring the sound and getting dressed up on my own," Erica says that she has only one challenge while shooting alone which is, "My only challenge has been not having my co-star in front and having to imagine how the other person will react."

Erica revealed that she is constantly in touch with her directors and DOPs and how they go about shooting. "My director, DoP and someone from the creative team are always on call. The screen acts as their monitor and they give me cues over the call. All discussions happen on the phone as well. We do retakes only if the mood is not right or I fumble my lines. Otherwise, we okay the take quickly and we have done a pretty good job so far," she told Mirror.

Erica recalled shooting for the show using wireless earphones in the early days when they were shooting in Kolkata. "Now, we are shooting over video calls, it shows we are evolving," she quips. she heaped praise for Ekta Kapoor and her team saying, "It wouldn't have been hard for them to replace me, but they are cooperating and trying to find ways to make things work. Both the channel and Ekta have so much at stake and they are still being so considerate. So, I have been trying to give my best."

Meanwhile, recently, Parth has been tested negative and the actress revealed that he is recuperating well. However, she wasn't sure as to how long will she will shoot from home.


July 24, 2020 at 09:43AM
Source: https://ift.tt/2U8eVeQ

Post a Comment

0 Comments